Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are incorporated into the Registration Form and any Membership is subject to these Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the website usage Terms and Conditions.
- The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to vary and revoke these Terms and Conditions from time to time which it may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the internal affairs of the Studios and/or the conduct of Members. Any such changes will be published on the Website and, until revoked, are binding on Members.
- Subject to condition 2.2, when a person has completed a Registration Form, purchased a Membership they shall become a Member of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Acceptance of a person as a Member is in the absolute discretion of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio.
- A person shall cease to be a Member when their Membership expires or when the Membership is terminated under these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt the provisions of condition 4 shall continue to apply after a person ceases to be a Member.
- The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to expel from the Studios, suspend for a specific period, terminate the Membership of or refuse to renew the Membership of any Member whose conduct is or may be, in The Space Yoga and Healing Studio’s reasonable opinion, damaging to the character of the Studios or amounts to a breach of these Terms and Conditions or where such expulsion is otherwise in the interests of the other Members. Any Member so expelled or that has their Membership terminated or suspended shall forfeit all privileges to Membership of the Studios and shall not be entitled to any refund.
- Any lapses in Membership, including but not limited to the non-payment of subscriptions, may result, at The Space Yoga and Healing Studio’s discretion in an administration fee being charged should the Member reapply for Membership.
- A Member may attend Classes according to the type of Membership.
- Details of prices of Memberships are available at the Studio or on the Website and shall be such prices as determined by The Space Yoga and Healing Studio from time to time.
- Subject to any statutory right of cancellation, payments for Memberships and Classes are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Membership cards remain the property of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio and The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to retain any Membership card if there has been a defaulted payment by the Member concerned.
- Full payment for all classes is required prior to participation in the class. Payment for classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All class passes are non-refundable, non-extendible and non-transferable. The date for which class memberships are valid depend on the type of purchase made. All class memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-extendible
- Please note full payment for all workshops and events is required on booking and is not refundable. You may transfer your booking to another person provided that you inform us about the change in writing.
- Please note that private class cancellations require 24-hour notice or full fee will be due. When booking we will require your credit card details to hold the appointment.
- Monthly Auto pay membership
- The provisions of this condition 3 shall only apply to a Member that applies for a Monthly Auto pay Membership by monthly direct debit, standing order or debit or credit card.
- Any Member, who is purchasing classes by auto pay, shall be entitled to participate in an unlimited number of classes as defined by the membership type at the Studio until their auto pay terminates and any such Member will forfeit their membership if they fall behind in payment at the date due. Such Member shall remain liable for any outstanding payments.
- A Member who is purchasing classes by Auto pay is liable for payment of all fees for the contracted period.
- Auto pay fees must be paid in accordance with these Terms and Conditions irrespective of whether or not the Member uses the Studio’s facilities.
- Auto pay fees may be increased at The Space Yoga and Healing Studio discretion. Members shall be given at least 10 working days’ notice of any increase in Subscription fees.
- Any Member that is purchasing classes by Auto pay agrees that they cannot cancel their Subscription before the expiry of the minimum period of 3 months from the date of their initial payment (“the Minimum Subscription Period”).
- If a Member does not pay their membership for the Minimum Subscription Period (or cancels their Subscription during the Minimum Subscription Period) then the Member is liable in full for any outstanding Subscriptions in respect of the Minimum Subscription Period.
- Members agree and acknowledge that by agreeing to the Minimum Subscription Period, they are being given preferential rates by The Space Yoga and Healing Studio and therefore it is fair and reasonable that the Member is liable for any payments referred to above.
- It is the responsibility of the Member to inform The Space Yoga and Healing Studio of a desire to cancel a membership within the required notice period. The Space Yoga and Healing Studio cannot be held liable for any payments processed due to the failure of a Member to cancel their membership.
- Members who do not wish to accept a change proposed by The Space Yoga and Healing Studio to any subscription fees may cancel their Subscription by giving notice to The Space Yoga and Healing Studio in accordance with condition above. The Member giving notice must continue to pay subscriptions at the rate current immediately prior to any proposed increase until the end of such notice period (or in the case of a Member whose Minimum Subscription Period has not ended until the end of such period).
- If the Subscription is paid by debit or credit card (or any Subscription fees remain outstanding beyond the due date) the Member unconditionally and irrevocably authorises The Space Yoga and Healing Studio to debit any credit or debit card provided by the Member with the monthly Subscription fee (or any outstanding fees) without notice to the Member.
- Members cannot suspend their membership during the minimum contract period of 3 months or at any time during their membership.
- In consideration of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio accepting a person as a Member, the Member agrees that:
- Vehicles, bicycles and their contents, parked or locked up on or outside any The Space Yoga and Healing Studio premises are left at the owners risk and The Space Yoga and Healing Studio will accept no liability for loss, damage or theft in respect thereof, unless, subject to condition 5.3, such loss, damage or theft was caused by negligence of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio or its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
- A Member is entitled to use the Studios’ facilities provided always that the Studios may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities or Classes for any period or periods and with notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for reasons beyond the control of the Studios or The Space Yoga and Healing Studio.
- Each Member agrees to familiarise themselves with what Classes involve prior to assessing whether they are fit to participate in a Class. Members should refer to the Website or speak to a member of staff for further information.
- Each Member warrants and represents on the date of their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and on each occasion that the Member uses the Studios that the Member is in good physical condition and that the Member knows of no medical or other condition why the Member is not capable of engaging in the Classes or exercises provided by The Space Yoga and Healing Studio and that such Classes or exercises would not be detrimental to the Member’s health, safety or physical condition.
- The Space Yoga and Healing Studio staff are not qualified to assess whether the Member or any guest is in good physical condition and/or that the Member can engage in any exercise without detriment to the Member’s health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- Members are advised not to undertake any physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to refuse access to any Member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of The Space Yoga and Healing Studio’s facilities.
- Members shall not use The Space Yoga and Healing Studio’s facilities if they are suffering from infectious or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or suffering from any ailment where there is a risk, however small, that such ailment may be detrimental to the health safety, comfort or physical condition of the other Members. If there is any doubt, Members should consult their doctor and must notify The Space Yoga and Healing Studio of any circumstances affecting their health, which may be exacerbated through continued use of the Studios.
- Members are responsible for informing The Space Yoga and Healing Studio staff and teachers of any change to their health that may impact their ability to practice Yoga.
- Members are requested to wear a form of dress appropriate to the practice of Yoga. Footwear should be removed in the reception area before entry to the Studio.
- In the interests of safety and hygiene, no crockery, glass, hot drinks or food are permitted in the changing room or Studio. Only water is permitted in the yoga studio (no coloured drinks). No pets (with the exception of guide dogs) owned by Members are permitted in the Studio buildings. Members must use the main entrance to the Studio when entering or leaving the Studio. Members must not interfere with the fire exits.
- In the event of a fire, Members should make their way to the nearest available exit.
- The use of mobile phones are not permitted in the Studio.
- Details of Class times at the Studios may vary from time to time. The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to change Class times or cancel Classes at its discretion, and will endeavour to give Members notice of such changes as is reasonably practicable.
- The Space Yoga and Healing Studio reserves the right to refuse admission to classes if the student arrives past the start time for the class.
- Members must at all times observe The Space Yoga and Healing Studio’s guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of the Studios may issue to ensure the safety of the Members and the smooth operation of the Studios for the convenience of all Members.
- Members are required to give written notice to The Space Yoga and Healing Studio of any change of address or email or update themselves via their online account.
Most of your information will have been provided by you using our software system completing our registration form. We also collect information from the technology you use when using our website, so we can monitor website pages visited.
The Space Yoga and Healing Studio may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 9 January 209; last updated in May 2018.
- What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- medical histories pertinent to practising Yoga
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Keep track of medical conditions that are important to your Yoga practise. This information can be viewed by our Yoga Teacher who must abide by our terms and conditions and data protection laws
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about studio news, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- At no time will the information be sold, passed on or used to/by any external company
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You are in control
You have always been able to control your account details. Please log into your account to do any changes.
How long do we hold your records?
We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well, for example such as dealing with any queries relating to your account and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
- Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
You have a number of legal rights to control what we do with your information. For example, you can ask us:
- to unsubscribe you
- to tell you what information we have about you
- for a copy of this information
- to update or change it
- to unsubscribe from marketing materials
Sharing your information
We use a customer relations management system that stores your data. This system is fully GDPR compliant and does not share (or sell) your information.
We also use an email database system that only stores your email address. This system is fully GDPR compliant and does not share (or sell) your information. The Space Yoga and Healing Studio will never share (or sell) your information with any other persons/companies.
These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising from them shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.